Monday, May 28, 2007

The Show Before the Show

I went to the Improv last night for a comedy show that one of my cousins headlined last night. It was an entertaining show that included some audience participation, which is always fun.

Little did I know the funniest thing said all night would be uttered before we even got into the show. On my way to the line, I ran into a couple of friends from college that I see out and about ever so often.

We were shooting the breeze for a few when one of the girls glossed her lips and immediately broke out into the "Lip Gloss" song.

"My lip gloss is poppin. My lip gloss is cool."

When she stopped I turned to her and said, "I hate that song, but at least she's not singing love songs or about some dude."

It was then that the ignorance came.

"She needs to be singing about going to school," Moni chimed in. "That's what needs to be going on."

She then broke out into fine freestyle form.

"My diaphragm is poppin. My diaphragm is cool. I ain't got no babies and I'm headed off to school."

I guess that's not a bad story either. lol.

But so yeah the comedy show was cool, but Moni briefly put on a show before the show. Yeah.