Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Breaking News ...

The first draft of Tryangles, my ode to that thing we call black love in screenplay format, is complete. More than 15,000 words of confusion, infidelity and love.

It's been several months since this idea first started brewing in my head, and it's been about a month since I started writing. But it's done, (Ha finuto, if you're speaking Italian. That's the only phrase I actually remember.) and I really feel good about it.

That's all I can say right now. I'm definitely not posting anything else about it (as to not actually give away any of the plot). But I'm after I go through it two or three more times and have a few people I trust look at it, I'm going to try to get some agents on game because I believe that it's what black cinema needs, a black movie that shows us in a light away from the negative images constantly cast into society.

I've got plenty of work to do now. But I think the hard part is over. My thoughts are actually flushed out on paper, and it feels amazing!