Friday, September 07, 2007

Butter On A Stove

Butter churned
I never knew it flew
That was until the day
I first saw the truth
Your lies shriveled up
Like Crisco on a hot stove
Wishing it could find its way
Back out into the cold
But no, it stayed, and de-chilled
Wilted away as though it were
A hundred degrees on a sunny day
And the rays blazed trails long as Santa Fe
Yet you was on the skillet, plus about 80 degrees
Flipped the whole script,
And started spitting more shit at me.
And me,
Enveloped by the fire you brought
I knew not what to do.
Was I to turn the heat up
And answer your beckoning cue?
Nah, dude.
I brought the burner back down to a simmer
See, you gotta remember
I’ve got entirely too much to lose.
See, my fate’s derived by the decisions I chose.
And confuse you it may,
But I’m walking away
Sure, I’ve got more to say
I’m saving those words for a rainy day
When they’ll be better spent
On someone I can actually convince
Making hamburger with out unnecessary grease

Certainly makes a lot more sense.