Monday, September 10, 2007

A Few Riffs ...

I've had a few good thoughts over the course of the last week. Here's a sample of what's been going through my brain.

1. The big hip hop showdown is tomorrow, Sept. 11th. Fifty and Kanye's albums drop, and they're fighting for supremacy. but they've got competition who is not getting a lot of run - Kenny Chesney. This reads like Pat White and Steve Slaton chasing the Heisman, and losing out because they're on the same team and they're splitting votes. Chesney's gonna win this race, although I hope Kanye outsells 50, and he crawls into a hole and drinks Vitamin water for the rest of his life.




2. Has anyone else noticed that Lil Mama looks like Lil Bow Wow with some poppin Lip Gloss and a weave? I refuse to recognize him as (No Lil) Bow Wow until he grows to at least 5-foot-7.

3. The title You Have to Kiss A Lot of Frogs popped into my mind the other day, and for whatever reason I started wondering what would be the proper response to said book. This was the title I came up with: You Have to Knock Off A Few Ducks Before You Sing A Swan Song.

4. Britney Spears needs to go home and be a mom. Forget singing and performing.

5. I'm working on a really good piece entitled Asymmetry, which I will post either later today or tomorrow.

6. I'm probably going to write a review tomorrow of the two albums. I've heard them both, and there's good and bad on both.

That's all.