Thursday, November 29, 2007

Mizzou's Juicy

Getting ready for the big game last Saturday, we were listening to that good hip hop. That Eric B. & Rakim type music that seems to be over most cats heads nowadays.

Then came a track from my favorite rap artist from that era, Biggie Smalls bka The Notorious B.I.G.

"Fuck all you hoes get a grip."

It was "Juicy," the ultimate hip hop tale of coming from nothing to something. I started thinking then, and in my head came this anthem for Mizzou's turnaround season. This was it.

In the vein of Chicago's SuperBowl Shuffle, I've written to lyrics to "Mizzou Juicy." I promise you that if we beat Oklahoma on Saturday, I will record it on Sunday, and throw it on YouTube, Facebook and MySpace.

Here's are a few samples of the lyrics:

This song is dedicated to all the media who said Mizzou would never amount to nothing. To all the proponents of the Colorado and the Fifth Down, UCLA and Tyus Edney and Nebraska and the Flea Kicker. It’s all good, baby, baby.
...

We made the change from common grief/ to GameDay with Corso and Herbstreit
....

PS3, Nintendo Wii/ When we was 8-5 y'all couldn't even see/No. 1 team

....

Just wait. If we win, it's gonna get crazy.