Tuesday, January 08, 2008

My Resolutions.

So here are my New Year's Resolutions for myself.

1. Find a new job. I want a job that allows me to bleed the creativity that's trapped within my mind. That's it. I don't like averaging 5.2 cube monkey moments a week. To me, there's more to life.

2. Be a better friend to my good friends. Through some of my struggles I've neglected some of my best friendships for a variety of reasons. I know I need to be better about this and I will be.

3. Get to 199. The last time I was under 2 bills was 1998. I want to get on the scale, and be at 195 by May, and it's feasible. I'm somewhere between 223 and 230 consistently, so I can do it. One-Ninety-Nine is more about me promoting an healthy lifestyle for myself as much as it is for aesthetics.

4. Write at least three poems a week. I have the ability to do so amazing things with words, and I need to push these things out of me, and on to paper/word docs. If I can I could have an astounding book of poetry by year's end.

5. Finish, perfect, then actively shop my screenplay. I have a draft of it that I'm tweaking, and it's good. Not as good as it will be by the end of February. But I have a feeling that someone will want it.

6. Completely remove the word Nigga from my vocab, and get off the sailboat. I don't use it much, but I can overuse the N-word in certain situations. I also want to ween myself off of cursing. When I have children I want to have it totally under control. Starting now isn't a bad thing.

7. Read a book a month. It's feasible, and there's great literature out there. I've already downed Forty Million Dollar Slaves by William C. Rhoden. I'm on to Souled Out by Shaun Powell. Michael Strahan's book is next after that. Then I'm going to read Barack Obama's book. Who knows what's up after that.

8. Less TV. The only things I need to watch on television are live sporting events, The Game, Girlfriends, CSI, Everybody Hates Chris and the Boondocks. The rest of it, not so much. And this allows for me to do all of the other things I want to do.