Thursday, February 07, 2008

Hybrid: I Think I'm AiBig


With so much bad television on and a need for writing inspiration I recently decided to go back in my stash and watch a few seasons of Sex in the City starting with season 4.

I'm almost done with the season, and it's got me thinking about something. If I were a character, which one would I be: Aiden or Big? Which one is more of who I am?

Per my "situation" (note: the situation no longer exists at all. A beautiful thing if I must say) with Triple B, I thought I was more Big. You know, sliding in and out of the relationship at random times with the lurking thought that there was always something more than the simplicities of a needed animal-like sexual encounter.

Though we never were together I always felt some hope for what existed. But then, after a few years of playing John Legend Track No. 8s, I kinda got over it. And now, I'm reevaluating this view of myself. Am I more Aiden or Big? I'm stuck.

And it's left me stuck. I desire commitment, if it's the right woman, like Aiden. Then again, I like to keep it clean with the perfect necktie and Kenneth Coles on my feet ala Big. I love staying home on a Friday or Saturday night to watch old movies and eat takeout. But I also don't mind stepping out and on the scene for a night or weekend. I'm not a fan of people who cheat or engage in affairs, but I've been the other man a few times.

See, I'm stuck.

I think I'm AiBig. And maybe that's not a bad thing.

I don't have a problem pegging most of my female friends as a character on either Sex or Girlfriends. But there are some who are Hyrbids, a mix of Carrie and Charlotte or Toni and Joan (That's crazy as hell I know. That girl spend most of her days fighting herself).

But Hybrids are the new "It" thing right? So I'm cool. If you were a Hybrid of two characters, even from two different shows, who would you be? Explain.