Monday, February 04, 2008

Manning Up, Brady Down


I was wrong. Eli played like a champion, and now is a champion. I should have stuck with him. I told two of my good friends I thought the Giants would make it to the Super Bowl before they played Tampa Bay in the first round.

That meant New York would have to win at Tampa, Dallas and Green Bay. They laughed at me. In the end I got to laugh at them, but I shoulda rode it out, this Eli Manning thing.

This is the thing though. In that last drive, Eli threw three passes that were possible interceptions/bad throws. Then the escape and pass to David Tyree. At that point, it was destiny. The Giants would win.

I was telling my boy Greeney that it was maybe the second best finish to a Super Bowl I've seen, with the first Giants-Bills Super Bowl (think: wide right) topping the list and St. Louis-Tennessee coming in third (think: one more yard).

What's your favorite Super Bowl? Did this one top the list?
P.S. I have a great story from the party I attended that I'll save for the afternoon.