Friday, October 21, 2005

A sample of the truth

I'm tired of the crunkness of crunk music. You can only hear the word white tee so many times before you yearn for something real, a sound that is about something more than getting a bunch of cats to jump around aimlessly in the middle of the dance floor at a club ... There's no real order to this, but each of these songs was about something. They were the truth. When I'm trying to bob my head to a beat and trying to remember every word to a flow, this is what I wish I was hearing ...

1. One More Chance (Remix) - The Notorious B.I.G
2. My Adidas - Run D.M.C.
3. I Get Around - Tupac Shakur
4. I USED to Love H.E.R. - Common Sense
5. Hey Lover - L.L. Cool J
6. Big Pimpin - Jay-Z
7. Don't Believe the Hype - Public Enemy
8. F&%k the Police - N.W.A.
9. C.R.E.A.M. - Wu-Tang Clan
10. So Fresh, So Clean - OutKast
11. Push It - Salt-N-Pepa
12. Can't Stand the Rain - Missy Elliott
13. I'll Be - Foxy Brown
14. Drop It Like It's Hot - Snoop Dogg & Pharrell Williams