Wednesday, October 19, 2005

You're the one ... But

So today ... I vent. It's rare that I do this, but on this day it's a need.

The most confusing thing a girl has ever said to me in life: "You know I think that you're the one, but I want to be single right now. I want to date."

For the life of me, I can't understand the rationale behind these words. It's hard to put much belief in the first part of the statement when you hear the but clause. It nullifies it. I think to myself, "Why would anyone ever construct a sentence like that? Don't they know how unbelievable that sounds. It's an evil concoction of words. "

You have to think "maybe they really don't know what they're talking about or maybe they don't really mean what they say." I don't know.

I think to myself that if you really know somebody is the one you wouldn't play games. I'm a pretty straight forward person, who calls it as it comes. So, I don't do well by confusing phrases like the one above. I think that if you think somebody's it then you don't play games. You don't act like you're still 13. You grow up.

And beyond that, where does that leave lil' ol' me? Somewhere stuck between lover's lane and the friend zone, not really knowing which way I'm headed in your head. One day you're talking about rocking in chairs at 70 w/ me and the next? You're talking about how you want to be free.

I guess that means that maybe I'm not supposed to understand because I'm dealing with a delusional/crazy person or is there really more to it? Am I missing something?

Whatever the case, I just hope no other good man or woman is ever subjected to such confusion again (although I'm sure it's happening as you're reading this). More over, I pray I never hear these words again.