Tuesday, November 15, 2005

All Eyez On Me (For a few days) ...

I saw someone do this and i thought it might be humorous, and insightful for some of those who know me, some of those who don't and even myself. I'm about to drop a top 50 about me, the shit I like, dislike, love, loathe, desire or have learned in my walk. Ten a day with a little bit of an explanation behind each.

1. I can't stand people who see or hear the name Damon, and some how say Damien. Most of the time someone does this, I'll smile and pretend like they were correct when really I want to go Ugueth Urbina (if you don't know about him, google him) on them with a machete. If you're ignorant enough to mispronounce my name or any other simple name like Kevin, Michael, David or Mark you deserve the Ugueth treatment.

2. Having a conversation with more than three people at time is annoying. It's already a crowd. If it gets any larger, I usually shut up unless spoken to. I feel like people who like to dominate large conversation are the "Hey look at me" types of people. Some I like, some I loathe. But I don't ever want someone thinking, I think I'm the shit.

3. Good music drives me. No, I'm not talking about the bullshit you hear on the radio like Laffy Taffy or I Shoulda Cheated by K. Cole. More like that Gap Band, Luther, the Isley Brothers, a lil Hi Five, R. Kelly before he got trapped in a closet, John Legend, Stevie Wonder, Brian McKnight, Musiq Soulchild. Ya Know? The type of shit that made you think about something real. Not that mess that make you wonder how in the hell a girl shakes her Laffy Taffy. I mean, wouldn't that be her shaking a piece of candy?

4. Two kids, min/max. Hey, a kid shouldn't have to grow up by himself. You need a companion at an early age that you can depend on throughout life, especially when it comes to fighting the rents. Plus, you need to grow up fighting somebody in the house, and having that person's back. Playing hide-and-go-seek by yourself couldn't possibly be any fun. Also, if I fuck up the first one, and want to be able to rebound. (my kids will never read this. LOL.)

5. I have no kids. Yes, I'm a black man from KCK who is 25 still alive, and I have no kids. A miracle some might say. I just think its the fact that I really don't want to be that responsible yet. Maybe 5 years from now who knows when I'm hopefully married, that way I don't end up in a messed up situation like my parents. Oh wow. This is the day I was conceived on (happy b-day Mom, lol).

6. I like feisty women. Always have, though for some reason they cause a lot of commotion. But they provide the best conversation. I think about 95 percent of my female friends are crazy as hell, but they never bore me with words.

7. I have more female friends than men. I think this has a lot to do with the fact that my father, who I don't really have a relationship with at this point in life, is a complete asswipe who shouldn't be trusted to follow thru on any promise. It's just a thought. But I always have opened up a whole lot easier to women, women older than me, my age, younger. I've got a good share of male friends I confide in, but I talk to a select contingent of females more often.

8. Not all men should wear pink. Homosexuals? Yes. Metrosexuals? Go ahead. Thugosexuals? Don't mix your white tees with your reds. I already can't stand thugs, but thugs who wear any pink might just be the most annoying people on the planet next to David Stern and Drew Rosenhaus. What does a guy saying when he has his grill iced-out, cornrows or a blowout and a pink hoodie on? He's quite confused.

9. Good Guys really make the best boyfriends/husbands. Hey, all women chose the bad guy because they think he's going to lay the pipe properly and because she can fix his wrongs. But most times that doesn't happen because he doesn't know what he's doing and or he doesn't really care about your feelings. And you can't fix or mold a man the way you want him. He's going to it his way most of the time. Besides most all good guys will BTPU better than you ever hoped you'd get it because that's where they let out their aggression and emotion best. They'll give you attention, good conversation and treat you like a queen.

10. I'm a REALLY Good Guy. lol. Okay, I'm a fool. No, I'm not giving props to myself, but I'm the nicest guy you'll ever meet. I can be an asshole if crossed, but who isn't? If you're reading this, you already know this about me.

I don't know what's coming next, don't forget I'm not stopping until 50. Sowe'll see. ... stay tuned.