Thursday, November 17, 2005

All Eyez On Me Part III (21-30)

21. I cannot stand telling people no and being told no. I don't really throw a fit or anything if I'm told no. But inside I can get upset. I think I've learned to channel my frustrations. On the flip side, it's hard for me to tell somebody no when I want to please them. I think it's one of the things I struggle with most because I want to make people happy.

22. Everybody should have a roommate at some point in life. I'm not talking about husbands/wives. But somebody who you have no commitment to that you come home to every day. It's an interesting experience. I think that I've learned a lot about life by having roommates.

23. I absolutely hate being put on hold while on the phone. Especially if I don't have my ear piece. If I don't, I feel like I'm just wasting away. I never want to hang up because I think it's rude. But it's worse to put someone on hold for more than 30 seconds, no matter who it is.

24. There should be more time for family and friends. Thanksgiving is around the corner, and I just thought about something a source said to me last year. We spend more time with the people we work with than we do with the people we cherish most. Isn't society backwards.

25. Telling the truth can get you in lots of trouble. I've tried it before, and like T.O., I earned an unwelcomed suspension - don't try and figure it out. I wish the world were more inviting and excepting of the truth. But that's not the way of the world. It would rather you just hide your indiscretions.

26. A good book is about 20 times better than a good movie. a movie can only occupy so much time, 3 hours, and by that time, you're tired of looking at the movie screen. A good book makes you open up your imagination, and can take away an entire afternoon.

27. My favorite Hip Hop song of all time: "One More Chance (Remix)" by Notorius BIG. Big was a magician with words, and this was him at his best telling you how he'd woo women despite his ugliness. This song really made you believe in his ability to pull inspite of his flaws because he was flawless with the mic. A lyric: "Lyrically I'm supposed to represent, I'm not only a client, I'm the playa president."

28. My favorite song of all time: "Never Felt This Way" by Brian McKnight. This song has some of the most powerful and fufilling lyrics I've ever heard. And there's nothing better than voice and piano and nothing else. That's why J.Legend is blowing up in a major way and A.Keys is still blazin. A lyric: "There will never come a day, you'll ever here me say, that I want or need to be without you."

29. I love board/card games ... especially Monopoly, Chess and Scrabble. Don't mess with me and some spades. Don't think your going to make me go bankrupt. And please don't believe your vocabulary compares (lol) to mine. But this is one of the best ways to spend a Friday or Saturday evening and not spend a dime. I really love Chess because it works the brain.

30. The word i associate best with in the dictionary: insatiable. And ex-acquaintance used this word often, and I think it describes me well. It's rare that I'm every satisfied, though it may seem like I am. It takes a lot to impress me, and a lot to keep my attention.