Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Damned Panera ...

I think I'm done with my infatuation with Panera Bread formerly known as the STL Bread Co. except for those still stuck in redbird hell (St. Louis). I've been obsessed because of the free wireless internet, and the chill atmosphere it provides. But it's been hostile lately.

Yesterday, my laptop stopped working on me in a Panera after a four-hour working session. I also had a bright moment. I ran into an old roommate that I hadn't talked to in a while, which was cool.

Today, after I got the new laptop, I went back to Panera. But trouble met me at about 4:30. I ran into a ghost from my college days that "swiftly passed" that I would like to forget. We'll call her Rocky Road, and no I'm not talking about Ben & Jerrys. She is actually sitting two tables away from me now as I type.

I think she saw me first and tried to walk the other direction (which I didn't have a problem with at all). Then I noticed her, and as soon as I tried to look away, she turned back around with this superficial "surprised to see you" smile, walked up to my table and asked me what I was doing on the Plaza at Panera. I asked her how law school was going. After she replied, (it doesn't matter what she said or what you're cooking) there was a pause.

(awkward pause)

I said "Well it's good to see you..." which is akin to "get the French Connection UK away from me ASAP" if you didn't know.

Ugh. Man. (Slamming head against wall. Slamming head against wall ... still slamming head into wall) What a mistake. I don't think I've made too many in my selection of women, but this was definitely one. I'll admit that I shoulda never touched this girl, but I believe I was suckered into action (please know that I didn't sleep with this indivudal. As freshmen, we just "watched a movie" we both had seen before) Though I must admit, she improved a little. The road wasn't quite as rocky as she drew closer to me. i'm not giving a rating, but she improved by about a point on the scale.

But still, the French Connection UK applies to her, and now Panera Bread. Oh how I'll miss my Tuscan Turkey ... lol. I'm a fool. I know I'll be back by Friday just no more unexpected, unwanted runins to ghosts that remind me of things I should have never done.

WildcatSquared, if only you didn't keep bringing this incident up. ... lol.