Sunday, December 04, 2005

Still Phrozen ...

I can still feel the ice in my veins. Something that started nearly a century ago, aged finer than the best wine and beautiful women. Ninety-nine years later, Alpha Phi Alpha is as chill as an artic breeze. Happy Anniversary.

This is the day seven men decided to start the first black collegiate fraternity 99 years ago. Callis. Chapman. Jones. Kelly. Murray. Ogle. Tandy. It's the breeding ground for many true trailblazers you know: MLK and Thurgood Marshall. And a few you don't: Lloyd Gaines and Charles Hamiltion Houston.

But moreover, the home of a real brotherhood. So much love to all the bruhs around the world. Zeta Alpha, Kiyama Tisa, til I die, enough said. To all the bruhs I've crossed paths with and those I haven't, Onward and Upward. 1111119 .... 06!