Monday, December 05, 2005

Still Smiling ...

So I got the all too important chance to talk with a really good friend (grandma) for the first time in a while last night.

It started off on AIM, and progressed to the phone. But the big key was that I was smiling from ear to ear for the first time in a while. At first we weren't even talking about anything on AIM, and I couldn't stop cheesin. Then when the convo went cellular so I could talk about what's going wrong in my world, I still couldn't stop smiling and laughing.

Some people just give you a good feeling about yourself no matter what's going on. Grandma, really not my grandmother but a great friend from Mizzou, is one of those few people - although she can construct a sentence that would befuddle Aristotle - who can make me grin even when you prolly should be on the brink of tears maybe.

The fact that I'm still smiling a day later says a lot. Well, the Chiefs beat the Donkeys 31-27, and that helps as well. Shit, rmattwill was damn near crying because we pulled it out.

Back to the point, though. I'm sure you'll see this at some point Granny, so thanks, and good luck on those papers and finals. Don't let those NYC people who rip out pages bring you down. ... lol. Smile.