Sunday, January 08, 2006

Fallacies Abound ...

Sorry that I've been M.I.A. for the last week or so. But I told you I have a new black, shiny sleek best friend that will do whatever I want whenever I want. Let's just say, I've been exploring those options often throughout the last six days.

I didn't really have anything to write about specifically, so I'll just throw out some random thoughts. Maybe I'll find a way to make it all work together.

1. 12 of 13. I feel really bad for the families of those miners in West Virginia. Can you just imagine believing that your loved one is alive, only to find out that the word you had been given was false? Fallacies of life or death, a situation I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.

2. Herm Edwards. The guy who is apparently going to be the next coach of the Chiefs. So he said like a week ago that he was content as the coach of the New York Jets. Yet, right now he's working on a contract to come to the Chiefs. Most people recognize Edwards as a stand-up, trustworthy guy, but doesn't this just make him seem like a liar?

3. False Hope. There aren't many things I hate in life - habitual liars, bad breath, small gums, overly-confident people (okay, there's a list that could go on for days) - but this sits near the top of the list. There's nothing worse than believing in, hoping for and working toward something that has no merit. You want to piss me off, give me some sense of false hope.

4. Make-Up. Look at the word, and it works well with this theme. Make-up is another way of saying "Not, really real." I don't have a problem with women wearing it. I have a problem with women who feel like it's a sin to step 2 feet out the door without it. You know, a beautiful woman is someone who can step out of the house without the cake products and feel comfortable about herself, and her look. ....

So I've given you a few random thoughts that have gone through my warped mind, and I've come to the conclusion that there's nothing more important than the truth - be it in the tragic miner's story, dealing with the media concerning you leaving for a new job, hope and women who wear Jim Carrey like Masks.

... My randumb truth for the moment: I'm about to finish watching the March of the Penguins. Though I dogged this movie in a previous blog, I had to see it. Somebody said it was good. I'll get back on this with a review ...

I'm out. Peace, Love and Hair Grease (No Jheri Curl, please).