Sunday, January 08, 2006

Ordinarily

Ordinarily,
I would be able to see
Right through all the bullshit
You continually throw at me
But I can’t,
Can’t let you go
Still trying to let you know
That old with you I wish to grow
Yet, in an indirect way, you continue to say no,
But that in any common situation,
All games aside
You’d stop playing the fiddle
And I’d cut loose my pride
Truth be told,
All would be well
There would be foreclosure on your heart
With no intent to again sell
Sold to the highest bidder
Who knew how to produce
The best figures, in return
You’d give your everything
Laced with the security of my truth
The hurt of the past
Would lie in pass
Every point of argumentation left moot.
Hey, it would be nice,
But we walk an extraordinarily interesting path
Ordinarily, one I wouldn’t take
But for reasoning unbeknownst to me, I’m up to the task. ...

#30#
I feel so good just because I actually got through a damn poem ...