Friday, February 10, 2006

A Triple Threat - The "." Post

Guys, don't do this at home. In fact, don't do this anywhere if you can avoid it. I thought I was the mastermind of this game, but oh was I wrong. ...

I know. You're wondering what I'm talking about. If you have to know, I'm talking about this "." I won't say the word itself because I'm sensitive like Ralph Tresvant (not Eric Benet - still can't believe he cheated on Halle).

Yeah, I know. But imagine it in ellipsis format "..." Three of them, that close. That punctual. You still lost? I'm talking about a recent undesired experience with three women in my life, who all happened to hit that unwanted moment in their cycle at the same time.

Normally, I have no problem with a woman on her "." I'm a rare breed. My ears are usually open, and I listen to them complain and wine about this and that (stuff no other man should ever have to hear from anyone but his wife) because that loosens them up. It gets them to chuckle, not laugh though. You don't want them to laugh to hard because of the cramps. Just chuckles and smiles.

I digress. About two weeks ago (I put off writing/posting this to get myself into the clear - they all read this) i felt the wrath of b-chica, roomie and elle all within a matter of an hour or so.

First up was b-chica: Don't know what I did, we were just talking on the phone (I didn't say anything off the charts) and she told me she was irritated, and abruptly got off the phone. She didn't say that "I irritated her." But it was obvious and later made apparent by the fact that she apologized for her actions.

Nevertheless, roomie: left an ignorant message on my voicemail about the rent being due on the first of the month. Note: I said I put off posting this for two weeks so it was obviously before the first. Pointless, and it was obvious that it yet another attack of the "."

Finally, elle: the last assailant. Where I drew the straw. She snapped on me because I told her that I knew about something before she did (not that big of a deal, right?). WRONG! ... She got pissy, and abruptly got off the phone.

All three were on the "." All three were cranky as hell. I got two apologies, elle isn't that sincere, and somehow I still felt like I had robbed a bank and been caught. I think I've learned the trick though. At the end of this month, I'm turning my cell phone off and I'm not checking my messages (this is a j/k). That seems to be how we can get to the end of this ...