Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Not-so-good weekend ...

So, the title tells you how my weekend was ... horrible. The first day of the week wasn't so hot either ... don't really feel like going into it. All I will say is that I woke up with a headache, and not too long afterward got a text message that included the words "we need to talk" ...

That's never good.

There was one bright spot to the weekend, though. I took about $50 off of Greene and D.Smith-squared playing hold'em in the middle of Kansas.

If you didn't know, I'm fairly good at hold'em. I won a couple of 100-person tournaments before, and I have several strategies. On Friday night, I kept the plan simple: bet early, and go all-in on hands I'm drawing on ...

It's a dangerous strategy that can produce massive loss or great winnings. But since I was only going in for $10, I figured what the heck? The strategy worked and I left their hotel with a slight bulge in my back pocket.

Money can't cure much of anything, but I can say I did leave Emporia with a smile on my face because I took two guys candy money. lol. Too bad that good feeling is gone and shit is again screwy. ...

PS: for once, it wasn't youknowwho.