Tuesday, April 25, 2006

From Risse ...

So this comes from my friend Risse's blog. I thought it was an interesting take on men and why women choose who they choose. ....

The other day I was having drinks with a friend and he questioned why women "settle" when it comes to guys. It made me think about T.D. Jakes message of the 80 percent man/woman. It's like we all look for our mate to be 100 percent what we want, but is that really REALITY??? No...of course not. We all have flaws right? I mean lets reflect:

You can have the:

"I'm there" Man - the man that loves everything about you, will do everything for you, but is crazy as hell!!!!
or
"Yes" Man - whatever you say is right, I agree, whatever you want I will provide. What's the challenge in that...I don't need a servant, I need a MAN!
or
"Mr. Nonchalant" - no extra effort, too relaxed about the things you do, little communication. Basically he won't last because you will either get bored or frustrated with him.
or
"Me" - that's right, the guy that treats you just like you have treated guys in the past...who wants to date themselves...not me!

I'm sure that we all can come up with many more characteristics of the men we have dated. The point is NONE OF THEM (just as we aren't) will be perfect. We have to decide what we can do without. Doing without is not settling...it's realizing that you can only grow together if you are not 100part. Guess it's time I figure out what I can do without...lol.


Okay, this is vickdamone, again.

I agree with this philosphy. You can't expect to find 100 percent of what you're looking for in a person. I think there needs to be certain key characteristics that you desire in a mate that someone clicks on most all levels with you.

I think with everyone you date, you will see plenty of faults, often more than enough to steer you away. But if you see the things that alllow for you adore that, or any, person, you shouldn't shun them away because of their minor faults.

I hate to admit this, but when I'm "in love" (i hate that phrase) I'm a mixture of the first two male scenarios, minus the "crazy as hell." Though at one point, I can say I did some crazy (childish) stuff. I think more so now it's an "asshole" rather than crazy when crossed.

I guess my only question is: Are these the only categories possible for us? I guess I'd like to believe that if I had the right person, there would be a different kind of category. But maybe not ...