Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Women Speak The Truth ... Well, Sometimes ...

Today turned out to be replace lost driver's license day for me. I went to the Bureau, and waited in line like every other person for a good 30 minutes. Ugh.

I guess it turned out to be a positive thing that I brought YRUN2DP?: The i-Pod with me. It made the time in line pass swiftly.

When I finally got to the front of the line, and then to the screener person (I don't know what they're really called), he told me that it was either cash or check, no charge. I was dumbfounded

Literally.

"You don't take Visa?" I asked. He shook his head no.

I thought to myself, "What kind of state is this? Oh, that's right, I still live in Kansas technically."

"Sir you can go over to the Hy-Vee parking lot and get cash from the ATM, and I'll hold your place when you get back," he said.

What a nice man. So I scurried over to the ATM, rushed back and got in line to take a new photo, though I really didn't want one.

As I waited, the perky young lady, extremely perky for 8 a.m., at the photo desk charmed a middle-aged white lady about her beautiful blue eyes - and that they were.

Now it was my turn. She, a fairly attractive young black lady, looked over my specifications, height, weight and age, and said "You do not look that old, I didn't expect that."

In my mind, I said "YES!" but in a milder tone I said to her "You know that's a good thing right because when I get older, I'll still look young."

The older white lady reached over and said, "That is the truth, and you've got the right attitude."

Score one for vickdamone. YES! ...