Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Good News, Bad News ...

Melyssa Ford, Tigger and Julissa...

They're gone from BET come August according to www.allhiphop.com, and anyone who knows my well-document disdain for Julissa knows that I am appeased.

I'm not happy for Melyssa or Tigger. Who I can't stand on the show 106 & Park is Julissa (though I admire her for what she did leading up to her gig at BET). Still, this is officially one of the best days of this year because I might actually be able to stomach an entire episode (probably not because of how bad the music on the show can get). But then again it's one of the worst days as well.

I gave you the good news, here's the bad. Jill Marie Jones, who plays Toni Childs on Girlfriends, has left the show. Want proof? They don't even have her picture with the other three on the show's website anymore. That makes this a sad, sad day. If you know me, you know I have an affinity for her like no one else in Hollywood or on TV. I love her character, though I believe she'd drive any man crazy.

You can have Halle Berry, give me Jill (actually, I'm re-thinking/recanting this stupid ass statement as I type it. Halle Berry is Halle Berry).

But Jill Jones is the most attractive person on Girlfriends, and so long as she doesn't go Toni Childs in real life, I would kill to be with her. She's that fine to me. The bountiful lips, the dark skin, the engaging eyes. Yeah, she is what it is.

So, this is what I propose. BET, find some way to get Jill Marie Jones to host the 106 & Park. I will watch it when it comes on at 5, and then watch the re-run at 10 a.m. the next morning. It's that serious (no, it's really not, but you get my point).