Saturday, June 10, 2006

Fear Is A Bitch ...

While chilling out with her boyfriend, Boughetto Gurl decided to get a little too cutsy, and let down her guard.

She's been with ol' dude for like two months, but she kept her wits about her during this time. Until a few days ago. Boughetto Gurl saw something on her man's face, I think she said it was in his nostril. She promptly picked it off like somebody's momma.

"That's love right there," she said.

It opened up a can of worms, she wasn't ready to handle.

"So do you love me," he asked?

She closed shop like Mariano Rivera in the bottom of the ninth of a World Series game, and didn't say a word.
-------------
The next morning she began questioning me about the male throught process around this "when do you say I love you" mindset, and I came to this conclusion:

If you love someone, it shows in your actions and not necessarily what you say. It's kind of like the opposite of a man telling a woman he loves her without doing any work to get in her pants. His words are his actions, and that really doesn't (shouldn't) suffice.

But flipmode. If you're picking things off or out of your mate's nostrils, you love them. You don't have to say it because you put your hand on someone else's nose says it all.

Boughetto Gurl didn't quite agree. Through all her previouscats, she's decided that playing that "love" card before her boyfriend does isn't the right thing to do.

I disagree. That just means you're scurred (scared).

When you're not afraid, you saying you love (or hell, even like) someone is not hard. The "scaredy-cat lack of action" card, is one you need to cut up as though you maxed out your spending limit.

I mean really, what does saying I love (or like) you first really hurt? Not saying it in a moment like this could lead to dissension, issues, unrest. Sure, you don't want to fall blindly into love. You want your eyes open, but if you're with someone, don't you want to be in love with that person?

I don't know. When I feel the whole love thing coming down, I usually don't have a problem saying it because I know the woman I love will come around to saying it eventually especially if it's secure in how she treats me. Now, like is a different issue becuase you can't really be sure.

I'm dealing with this issue of my own now, this thing called like, and I want to be brave, drive out the fear and make it "do what it do." But I feel like I did back in seventh grade, the first time I ever told a young lady I had some interest, and was rejected. Yeah, my first heart break came in seventh grade, and lasted about two hours.

I digress.

The moral of this story: Fear is a bitch, conquer it.