Monday, June 05, 2006

Skipping CD: I (Hate) Text Messaging

I called HeathClaire Huxtable on Saturday night to check in on her trip to the Lou, also hoping that she could keep me company as I trekked back from the Lake of the Ozarks to Kansas City.

HeathClaire doesn't answer. Figures. She was probably out kicking it. But she responds with a text message that says:

"What do you want?"

I think to myself, "That's not something HeathClaire would say, unless she's upset. What's really going on? What the hell did I do to her?" I get like that when I really don't want to upset someone. I try to figure out what I could have possibly done wrong, although I know I didn't do anything wrong.

I call her back (I hated when people answer phone calls with text messages that don't say "I'm busy at the moment, I'll call you back in a few."

She comes back with another text: "I'm indisposed at the moment."

I think to myself, "This is her and I really pissed her off in a major way. She used indisposed in a text message. What did I do?"

So I respond with my own two text: "(I want) to talk and clear the air because it seems as though I've upset you."

then ... "I understand that you're occupied. Just call me when you get a moment so I can iron things out."

I felt like Chris Rock ("Maybe I did still my own car").

But clearly the joke being played on me had gone on long enough. I receive another text, that says "Vickdamone, this is (HeathClaire's friend) Kemyeezy I was just messing with you! How are you doing? She's dancing."

I didn't want to believe it. I didn't believe it.

It was funny, but how rude as Stephanie Tanner might say. See, this is why I hate text messaging. You really can't be sure who is texting you.

Needless to say, Kemyeezy (aka Doghouse Resident 123456) is on my bad side at the moment, and she's not coming out anytime soon. ...