Friday, May 11, 2007

Vic's Random Thoughts

1. There was a false alarm at work on Thursday. Apparently someone did what I wrote about a few weeks back – dialed 9-1-1 by accident because they dialed 9-1 to dial out and accidentally hit 1 again. We were talking about it and someone asked the question about dialing 9-911 and if that would work.

2. Ne-yo said that he wrote the lyrics to Beyonce’s Irreplaceable and she wrote the chorus. The chorus goes, “To the left, to the left. Everything you own in a box to the left.” Rudimentary and corny.

3. Ne-yo’s Go On Girl is a response to Irreplaceable. I’ll post it later this weekend so you can hear it. The lyrics to the chorus go like this: “Please don’t worry about me, I’m fine. Only gonna play the fool one time. Trust me when I say that I’ll be okay. Go on girl. Go on girl. Go on girl.”

4. Keeping with the Ne-yo theme, why does dude never take his hats off? Never. The only time I’ve seen Ne-yo without a hat is in Stomp The Yard, and that was for only a few scenes.

5. I’m a helping of potato salad short of a picnic.

6. I want this whole Don Imus thing to go away. But it won’t. I want black people to actually wake up and see that we have to get the ignorance out from within before we go about seriously policing the ignorance of others.

7. I don’t remember writing this, but belizeanchica recently said that Don Imus looks like Thomas Jefferson’s corpse.

8. Television has gotten really, really bad.

9. Making that case: Did anyone else see the season finale of Girlfriends? I watched the last half of it and was appalled. Why you ask? Because they end it with Joan’s boyfriend proposing to her with what seemed like everyone who’d ever played a role on the show ever showing up for the engagement party. Everyone except (my baby's mama) Toni Childs. This was just tacky.

10. If you can’t tell, I’m rooting for Barry Bonds to break this home-run record. I’ll explain this next week.