Thursday, January 31, 2008

Revisiting the Resolutions

I've gotta get away from politics again. Sorry. I'll get back at the self-made black problem answers tomorrow. Today, though, let's go somewhere else.

Let's look back at my New Year's Resolutions. I figure that since I blogged about them, the best way to keep them up is check on them at the end of each month. So, that's what I'm gonna do.

1. Find a new job. I'm currently waiting on a second interview for a good-paying gig that I know I'll enjoy. When (If) I get it, you'll be the first to know, aside from the Moms. Oh, I also got the applications that I've been working on for over a month done finally. Yes, I job application one actually must put some thought into, walk away from and then come back. Imagine that. I hope I get an interview for the position.



2. Be a better friend to my good friends. I've talked to most of them. Reconnect with about four that I hadn't talked to in a few months. Went out to dinner with a few.

3. Get to 199. still got about 20 lbs to go. I've gotta start working out consistently.

4. Write three poems a week. I'm gonna scale this back to two. This one is hard because I have to have inspiration to go there, and be in front of computer (my memory sucks).

5. Finish, perfect, then actively shop my screenplay. So this is a work in progress. But I came up with the PERFECT re-scripted ending. It's floating in my mind, I just have to put it on that wax. Also, I need to refine a few scenes and then edit the entire thing. Then I can start shopping it.

6. Completely remove the word Nigga from my vocab, and get off the sailboat. Umm, I've censored myself about 90 percent of the time, which is good for me. I'm weening myself off as though these negative words were squares. Slowly but surely.

7. Read a book a month. I'm about to finish Souled Out. It's an interesting read. Not as good as I would have liked though. Not solution-oriented for the problems it presents. But it's definitely thought provoking.

8. Less TV. It's off now. But I wonder what's gonna happen when the good television starts back up? (Girlfriends and The Game, specifically).

That's one month, and I guess I'm doing okay. The top three are the most important right now, and I'm making some progress.