Monday, March 03, 2008

I Am A Realist

I am a realist,
I mean idealistically speaking,
I peak while reaching for the stars
From afar knowing my arms don’t extend that far.
So I just gaze, and crave that energy.
You know, try to synergize
That which I am with what lies in the sky
As I live my dream
To set aglow the ever-burning flame penned within me.
Realist I am, I promise you.
Not worried about whether behind my name there’s a comma or two,
Because dollars don’t define what I’ve found within.
Although sin slithers around, I’m still confound to the truth
That resounds in crevasses of a soul.
Behold, a reflection is a window leading to the scroll.
And if you can’t read: Him ... well,
I don’t know what to tell you.
Put your contacts in, get some Lasic,
Look harder than you are
Because a mirror image should never fail you.
I mean, I know the mistakes I make
Don’t you?
So why is that we reach for the sky at a time
When the lines aren’t blurred,
Absurd it seems,
There’s right and wrong
And little in between.
Realist I am, it’s what I scream
Metaphorically,
You might have to prescribe me a John 3:16 antihistamine
To keep me from loving the way my heart was written to.
See, the scroll has one word on it, and a bunch of synonyms
And you can’t pick one out from the others like a yellow M&M.
They all led back to the same root, despite their different hues
And though some throw stones and falsely accuse
The Realist still stand out with his idealistic fuse
Lit and ready to be excused from your presence
See, I was destined to be a star, born to reach the heavens
So as I aim for them, and hold Him in highest reverence
You can laugh or do as I do, whatever happens to be your preference
But I know severance from this shell leads to the well
Of life the replaces the pain and strife of this world,
And I want my cup to runneth over.
Pierce my blood with His because of it
I want mine to be anything but sober
If you want, you can depend on luck
Keep searching this earth for a four-leaved clover
But me, I’m a realist,
Idealistically speaking, until my days here are long over.